Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Rejected Smoothies

This morning I made fruit filled smoothies for me and the kids. Caleb has been begging that I make him a smoothie for at least a week or 2 since I made myself a few and didn't make enough to share. I always think making smoothies will be easy, but I actually find them to be a bit of a pain to make. It's a good thing I really like them. :)

I don't follow a recipe for smoothies, but I just sort of throw together whatever fruit sounds good with a bit of yogurt and ice cubes. Today's smoothie ingredients were:
  • about a handful and a half raspberries (most of a pint)
  • about a handful and a half blueberries
  • 2 peaches (peeled and pitted)
  • 2 bananas
  • 2 Wallaby organic vanilla yogurts (they are not thick)
  • ice
Caleb informed me as I was making the smoothie that he didn't like bananas. This is a bunch of baloney sausages as I have witnessed his eating said fruit in the recent past. I informed him that he wouldn't be able to taste the bananas once they were mixed in.

Wrong. Wrong wrong wrong.

He took a sip. He put down his cup and ran to the other room, sulked, and told me all he could taste was banana. Ellie devoured hers. I enjoyed mine. I tried to doctor Caleb's by adding more berries to mask the banana. No luck.

As he happily ate his Trader Joe's black cherry yogurt, he said, "The next time you make this, please don't put banana in it."

*SIGH* Hard to say no to that, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment