- 2 bunches of different varieties of kale
- 2 heads of lettuce - red leaf and something in the plain green variety
- 2 bunches of beets (the variety name escapes me)
- 2 pounds of snap peas (NOM NOM NOM!!)
- MANY zucchini and summer squash (some were pick your own)
- a few cousa squash (look like smaller lighter green zucchini)
- several cucumbers - slicers and picklers
- 1 pint of blueberries
Speaking of farmers' market, we bought LOTS of fresh fruit this week from Dan the Orchard Man as we like to call him. He is one of the farmers of Keown Orchards. From him, we bought raspberries, apricots, plums, and apples. I can't remember whether we also picked up blueberries there. We have had such great quantity of blueberries coming in that it is hard for me to remember their exact points of origin. Anyway, I am really happy to have local fresh fruit again. Caleb and Ellie have been whining for the fruit I set on the counter, so I don't expect it to last much longer. On the other hand, Ellie only acts like she wants food, so we may end up with masticated but not eaten fruit (blech).
I think my next post will be on meals eaten and those we intend to make.