Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

CSA Pickup

Yesterday we picked up our box of yumminess, so I thought I would report. The only sadness was that strawberries are done. :( In their place, we got a quart of blueberries. Here was our share:
  • 2 bunches of kale (not sure the variety, but at least one was crinkly leaved)
  • 2 bunches of beets (red and golden)
  • 2 or 3 zucchini
  • 2 or 3 summer squash
  • 2 cucumbers
  • about a pound of shell peas
  • 2 heads of lettuce (Romaine and Boston Green)
  • 2 bunches of arugula
  • 1 quart of blueberries
I think I remembered everything this time. For dinner last night, I took one of the zucchini from our box and a golden zucchini from the farmers' market and instructed Aaron in making zucchini-potato pancakes according to Weight Watchers. They were yummy!

I'm considering making a banana blueberry bread I saw on AllRecipes, and I'd love to get my neighbor's recipe for the beet salad she brought over the other night. Other than that, I'm a bit stumped on meals for the week. It's been ridiculously hot and humid for the past few days, so cooking has felt rather unappealing. Hot stove or oven in hot weather leads to a very grumpy me. I welcome cold meal ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment