- 2 bunches of kale, 2 different varieties
- 1 quart(?) strawberries. What do you call the next box size up from a pint?
- 2 heads of lettuce, 2 different varieties - green and red
- 2 bunches of swiss chard, 2 varieties - "plain" and "rainbow"
- 2 bunches arugula
- 2 bunches of radishes
- beets, glorious beets. I *think* 2 bunches.
Yes, this is what I offered to my kids for dinner.
My kids actually ate the burgers!! Given that I thought they were a certain fail when I had to bring Aaron in to rescue the recipe, I am delighted they ate them. Caleb had a few bites of the kale, claimed to like it, but did not finish his small portion. Ellie wouldn't touch the kale. This didn't surprise me. Dark green leafy vegetables can be a really hard sell to kids, and this recipe doesn't make them LOOK appealing, even though they taste great. I have much higher hopes for the swiss chard (quiche is coming soon to a kitchen near me...*grin*).
Anyway, it is SO nice to return to our weekly CSA pickup. I love knowing that I have guaranteed good (quality, quantity, etc.) vegetables for the summer. I love knowing that I can bring back last year's favorite recipes and try out some new ones.