Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Proof of Life's Balance

Tonight I made fish and chips. It's easy from an ingredient perspective, and it's a bit time consuming to clean and cut potatoes and bread the fish. However, our neighbor brought us haddock he caught, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to use something so fresh.

Kid review: 2 thumbs down. Ellie ate ketchup and a few bites of the chips. She told us that they were not chips but in fact potatoes. Caleb complained about not being able to pick up the food with his fork and then tried to convince me that the fish was too spicy. The spiciest spice is black pepper followed by deli mustard, so this is not a spicy dish by most standards.

I suppose I need to remember that my son will eat fruits and vegetables happily so that I don't want to stop cooking for him.

Bath time has arrived and the natives are beyond restless. Would someone please try the recipe (see link at top!) and let me know what you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment