Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

Two Unrelated Recipes

In my last post I mentioned two recipes you may want to try with your families.

Squash Kugel
Courtesy of our dear neighbors
Ingredients:
20 oz. frozen squash, defrosted
1/2 c. creamer (I use light cream)
8 Tbsp. (1 stick) butter, softened
7/8 c. natural applesauce (I use our applesauce)
2 c. flour
2 c. sugar (IF I add sugar, I halve it)
5 eggs
cinnamon

Instructions:
Mix everything EXCEPT the cinnamon in a large bowl. I use an immersion blender to make it reasonably smooth. Pour in an 8x8 or 9x9 pan lined with parchment paper. You probably could spray your pan instead of using paper. I use paper.

Bake at 350 for at least 1 hour, until set. Serve warm.

Tomato-Cucumber Salad
From ???
Ingredients:
2 medium cucumbers, diced
2-3 medium tomatoes, diced
1 small or medium red onion, diced
olive oil
lemon juice
salt and pepper

Instructions:
Combine cucumbers, tomatoes, and onion in a bowl. There should be approximately equally amounts of cucumbers, tomatoes, and onion such that if you took a spoonful, you would have a taste of each vegetable.

Add olive oil (maybe 1/8-1/4 c.?), lemon juice (about same as olive oil), and salt and pepper to taste. Allowing to marinate for 30-60 minutes in the fridge is ideal.

Note:
This is one of the few ways I enjoy fresh uncooked tomatoes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment