Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

A New Food for ME!

I realize this blog is supposed to be about how I feed the kids, but I have to share a food experience I have had recently.

On our midwestern road trip, my mom-in-law (Aaron's stepmom) asked if I wanted to try some Greek yogurt. I never tried Greek yogurt despite all the claims that it is so very excellent. In my mind, yogurt is yogurt. Some tastes a bit better or has a different texture, but it's all just yogurt right? The exception I found to this thought was Trader Joe's Strawberry and Cream yogurt, but even that has faded to sort of a "yeah, it's better than average yogurt and makes a nice dessert substitute."

Greek yogurt is amazing! Why didn't I try this years ago? I realize my midwestern upbringing makes me a bit reluctant to try "exotic" foods, but still it is yogurt. Thick, creamy, filling yogurt! At my in-laws, I had plain Greek yogurt which was pleasantly tart. My mom-in-law suggested that the flavored yogurts are even better. And boy was she right! Aaron picked up a multi-pack of Chobani Greek yogurt at BJ's - 4 each of strawberry, blueberry, and peach. Such creamy fruity goodness!

It would be a really great food to give my kids, but I don't want to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment