Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Food Inventory

Since I got rather stuck in my menu planning (see previous post!), I decided to think about the foods which need to get used this week. I'm taking inventory to see what comes of it.
  • Squash: several delicata squash, 3 butternut squash (though one should go to my neighbor), 2 zucchini, 1 spaghetti squash, 1 carnival squash, and 1 unknown (looks like delicata but with orange stripes instead of green).
  • Red bell peppers (a few), 1 small purple bell pepper
  • 2 carrots
  • Lots of pumpkin puree
  • Lots of apples
OK, so squash = roasting and soup and bread. Not sure about the spaghetti squash as my memory of spaghetti squash is mixed. Bell peppers = enchiladas, chili, or scrambled eggs/quiche. Carrots = soup, salad, snacks. I find carrots to be uninspired. I should try to change my opinion of them. As for the pumpkin, maybe that should be my soup this week? And apples, yes we still have apples after all this time. I must figure out apple oatmeal cookies and probably will end up making more applesauce in addition to apple bread. Ooh... I wonder whether I can remember how I made apple zucchini raisin nut bread. That was tasty.

At least now I have some more ideas. Feel free to chime in with your thoughts about menu planning or those foods that you bought because "this will be great" and then you don't know what to do with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment